QuickStart Guide for Trimble Ag Desktop Software
If this is your first time using or upgrading Trimble Ag Desktop software (formerly Farm Works) included with any of our Farmer plans, follow these steps for a smooth install. Once you create your Trimble ID and activate your account online with the Farmer plan of your choice, you can download and install the desktop software from our website directly onto your computer.
Ready to get started?
Here’s what you’ll need before you begin:
- Internet access to activate your account and license plan, and download the installation files
- An email address used for your account (we respect your privacy, as outlined in our policy)
- An up-to-date web browser (Trimble recommends Google Chrome or Firefox) installed on your computer
- Computer with Windows (Vista or greater) operating system installed
- Credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express) to upgrade your free trial to the Farmer plan that works for you
Not a Windows user? Trimble Ag Desktop software cannot be installed on iOS but it does work with Windows installed on Mac computers. Find a Windows emulator that works for you, such as Parallels, or check out our Farmer Pro and Farmer Pro Plus plans with cloud-based solutions that can be accessed from any computer, simply using your web browser.
Learn more about minimum system requirements for optimal performance when using Trimble Ag Software.
- Review the minimum system requirements for using Trimble Ag Software
- Visit our secure website
- Create or log in with your Trimble ID to create your free Farmer Starter trial account
- Configure your initial settings and profile online
- Activate your desktop license and maintenance plan in the online Marketplace by upgrading to your preferred Farmer plan
- Review your purchase and account in the online Marketplace
- Download Trimble Ag Desktop software from our website
- Install Trimble Ag Desktop for Windows (or use Windows emulator for Mac) on your computer
- Launch your desktop software account
- Check for the latest desktop software updates
At any time, click the help icon (question mark in top right) in the online account for assistance with setting up your account (learn more about in-app help).