Watch our video tutorial on creating a corn maze in your field, using Trimble Ag Desktop (formerly Farm Works) software and Farm Works Mobile. We’ll take you through how to use any drawing or illustration and calibrate the image for geo-referencing as a map layer. This simple process can be used to create virtually any design. Finish the process in the field with a Trimble GPS or hand-held display, to guide a mower or ground crew in cutting precise patterns. No more counting rows manually!
- Estimated time to complete this project: 15-45 minutes
- Season: Planting
- Time to watch: 16 minutes
Ready to get started?
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Trimble Ag Desktop software (formerly Farm Works) included with any Farmer plan (Just getting started? Download our Starter Manual.)
- Annual Software Maintenance Plan for access to the latest desktop software updates and help from our technical support team
- Farm Works Mobile software to support the 3D view of the cuts required in the field on a Trimble hand-held tablet (note: the Trimble Ag Mobile App included with the Farmer Pro or Pro+ plan is not the same, and supports boundary logs only)
- Trimble outdoor hand-held tablet computer (Kenai or Juno T41) with higher quality GPS (or external antenna)
- Image of your drawing (TIFF, JPG or PNG format, with 300 dpi resolution for complex, detailed drawings, or 72 dpi for basic drawings)
Contact your local reseller for help with buying or setting up any Trimble vehicle display or hand-held device.
Related: Learn more about how to use Trimble Ag Software’s other fleet management tools so that you can see, use and share more precision data with your vehicle displays, and from third-party accounts.