With Trimble Ag Software’s fleet management tools, you can see, use and share more precision data with your vehicle displays, and from third-party accounts. Start with our data compatibility and data transfer charts and quick-start guides below to automatically or manually link your data to your online account and the mobile app, and send resource files to connected vehicle displays. Learn more in the full Fleet Management User Guide, including more help for FarmStream.
Trimble Ag Software can read in and export your precision ag data from a wide range of supported vehicle displays and third-party accounts. Check out our data compatibility and data transfer charts to see if your system and files are supported, or contact customer support for more help.
Trimble Ag Software Fleet Data Compatibility Chart
Trimble Ag Software Vehicle Data Transfer Chart
Learn more about FarmStream, an advanced productivity tool within Trimble Ag Software that can be turned on or off from the FmX or TMX display, in the full Fleet Management User Guide. Here are a few handy links to other fleet documentation also available in the full user guide:
With just a few quick clicks online, organization administrators can add a vehicle and organize vehicle groups on your Trimble Ag Software account, with the option to add device serial numbers to wirelessly connect precision ag data to your account. Automatically import field, boundary and job data once your vehicle connection is established. Our software uses spatial selection to look for matches between your data and our software, starting with the field name. If field names are different, Trimble Ag Software looks for similar field boundaries to find a match.
- Before linking vehicle data to your account, check that field names are the same in both the display and on Trimble Ag Software. This prevents the creation of duplicate fields and ensures data is associated with the right location on your farm.
- Compare the traditional Fleet Manager and the new FarmStream Manager on our Fleet Feature Comparison chart.
- For tips on setting up your display so that data flows into the online account, refer to our FarmStream setup guide.
Getting set up
- Log in to your Trimble Ag Software online account (learn more)
- From the Fleet tab (top menu), select Vehicles (note: these are the same steps that can also be used from the Farm tab under Equipment)
- Click on the Manage button (top right) and select New Vehicle
- Complete the Vehicle Properties form, as shown below (required fields are displayed with an asterisk*):
- Add a Name (required) for your vehicle
- Select the Manufacturer (required) from the dropdown list
- Select the Vehicle Type (required) from the dropdown list
- Confirm the Vehicle Group by:
- selecting Unassigned (default) from the list, or
- click the Manage Groups link to enter a custom group name to organize your fleet, click +Add, then click Close and select your new Vehicle Group from the dropdown list
- Enter an hourly Unit Cost
- Click the link (top left) to Change Icon and select an alternate thumbnail image for your vehicle from the choices provided
- Under Attached Devices on the Vehicle Properties form, the default is Unassigned (no connectivity). To add a device serial number* to share data wirelessly, you have two options when adding a device:
- Click the link to Add Display Device link to enter the Device Serial Number, click Get Device Type to validate the serial number entered, then click Add, or
- Click the link to Add Telematics Device (required only if you’re using the DCM-300 modem and your vehicle is not set up with a display configured for FarmStream**), then click the Add Display Device link to enter the Device Serial Number, click Get Device Type to validate the serial number, then click Add
- Under Attach Devices on the Vehicle Properties form, click the Assign Vehicle License button to Assign an available vehicle license. Once assigned and saved, vehicle licenses cannot be moved to another vehicle. If needed, additional vehicle licenses can be purchased through your account in the online Marketplace.
- Click Save when done (or Cancel)
*Devices cannot be added if already assigned to an organization on Trimble Ag Software.
**For tips on setting up your display so that data flows into the online account, refer to our FarmStream setup guide.
Get instant access to vehicle data in your third-party account(s) with Trimble Ag Software’s built in API connection. Our API (short for digital handshake) makes it easy to wirelessly import your vehicle files from partner systems, so that you have all of your farm’s precision data in one place. Our solutions To learn more about data compatibility between Trimble Ag Software and other displays, file types and third-party accounts, click here.
Success tip: before linking vehicle data to your account, check that field names are the same in both the display and on Trimble Ag Software. This prevents the creation of duplicate fields and ensures data is associated with the right location on your farm.
- Log in to Trimble Ag Software online (learn more)
- From the Farm tab (top menu), select Equipment Data Transfer
- Click the Settings tab
- Check the boxes to select options to always: Automatically Add Operators entered on Field Displays and/or Automatically Add Vehicles entered on Field Displays
- Click on the API Connections tab
- Click the button (top right) to +Add Account
- Select an account from the list*: Raven Slingshot, AGCO Variodoc, JD Link, AFS Connect or PLM Connect (prior to connecting to Raven Slingshot, contact Raven to purchase an API key at a cost of approximately $100)
- A new web page will open with the login page for your third-party account
- Enter your credentials and sign in to your third-party account
- Trimble Ag Software will display a message “Linking to your account”
- When the API connection is complete, your third-party account will be listed on the API Connections tab and any associated vehicles and data can be viewed from your Trimble Ag Software account
* Contact our customer support team to see if APIs are available for other third-party accounts not listed here.
Get even more fleet management tools to improve operator efficiency analyze vehicle performance in the full Fleet Management User Guide.
When you prefer to simply manage or share machine data files directly with your Trimble Ag Software online account – without using our built-in wireless vehicle display connections – it’s easy to to manually upload files and resources.
- Log in to Trimble Ag Software online (learn more)
- From the Field tab (top menu), select Files
- Click Upload to see options:
- Click the Upload Files button (or drag files here) to import files selected from your computer, or
- Click the File Sync button to download and run our setup.exe file to use our API that automatically recognizes and imports supported data from your computer or USB device
As shown on the screen above, you can upload machine-collected data to your Trimble Ag Software online account from the following vehicle displays:
- John Deere
- Ag Leader
You can also upload data to share with your advisor, including:
- Topo (topography)
- EM/EC (electromagnetic/electroconductive)
- Soil locations
- Management zone boundaries
As well, you can deliver prescription maps and resource files to connected displays.
To learn more about data compatibility between Trimble Ag Software and other displays, file types and third-party accounts, click here.
Once your vehicle is connected to your online account, you can view real-time status and location on the satellite map, edit properties and export location history.
- Log in to your account online (learn more)
- Click on the the Fleet tab (top menu)
- Select Vehicles and click on a vehicle name from the Vehicle List
- From the summary view (shown below):
- use the satellite map to filter view options and zoom in to the vehicle location
- click on the tabs to view History, Sensors, Alerts and Files
- see whether FarmStream* is on or off as shown in the top right corner
- From the summary view above, click on the gear icon next to the vehicle name to select the following dropdown menu options:
- Edit vehicle properties
- Calibrate engine hours
- Move vehicle to another group
- Delete vehicle
- Click on the History tab and scroll down to click the Export button to share location history for this vehicle on the selected date, by selecting either KML or SHP file format:
*For tips on setting up your vehicle display so that data flows into the online account, refer to our FarmStream setup guide.
When you’re no longer using a vehicle on the farm, it’s easy to delete the vehicle from your fleet on Trimble Ag Software. Any vehicles that are deleted are simply retired, in case you want to unretire vehicles for use on your account at a later date.
- Log in to Trimble Ag Software online (learn more)
- From the Farm tab (top menu), select Equipment
- Check the boxes on the left to select one more vehicles from the list
- Click on the trash can icon (top left) that is now visible
- At the prompt, click Retire or Cancel to confirm any changes
Once your vehicle displays are connected to Trimble Ag Software by serial number or through an API that shares data from your third-party account, your information is automatically pulled into the online account from your fleet activities. Our software uses spatial selection to look for matches between your data and our software, starting with the field name. If field names are different, Trimble Ag Software looks for a similar field boundary to assign jobs to the matching field.
At the farm level:
- View vehicle profiles on the online dashboard
- View vehicle location and working status on the online dashboard
- View vehicle tasks on the online dashboard
- Assign operator access and send operators to vehicles on the farm
- Manage alerts for curfew, geofence, machine alert, ignition and rushing
- View fleet utilization levels by time period, status, and alerts
At the field level:
- View task coverage maps and equipment activity
- View locations for any vehicles at the field location
- View and manage AgGPS or AgData.zip (resource) files
- Export resource files from the online account to connected vehicle displays
Learn more about data compatibility with Trimble Ag Software, and check out the full Fleet Management User Guide for more vehicle options.
Once you’ve set up your vehicles and data connections on the online account, you can use the Trimble Ag Mobile app to view fleet working status, and find or navigate to vehicles with GPS coordinates and satellite map views. For best results, turn on location services in your mobile device’s privacy settings, and activate Farm Stream on your vehicle display.
- Log in to the mobile app with the same Trimble ID used to access your online account (learn more)
- Tap the green sync icon (top right) to sync your mobile app with the latest updates online
- From the mobile app’s home screen, select the preferred crop year (top left) when viewing the farm map
- Tap the Fleet tile
- Tap on the dropdown arrow to expand the fleet list by vehicle group (default is Unassigned if you haven’t added a group to the online account)
- Swipe up (as needed) to view the full list of vehicles by name, type, status (Working is shown in green) and last update (if no recent update, check the vehicle display to confirm Farm Stream is turned on)
- Tap to select a vehicle from the list, which displays a satellite map view of the vehicle location and working state details
- Tap the compass icon to view your current location on the map (only use if you’re close to the vehicle location)
- Tap the buttons on the bottom of the screen to select one of three options:
- Share – send map coordinates to anyone
- Tap to select a message app on your mobile device (such as email or text)
- Add the recipient and any other details
- Hit Send (or cancel the message by tapping the < back-arrow on the top left, then confirm Cancel or Discard at the prompt)
- You may also need to close the app to return to Trimble Ag Mobile
- Get Directions – navigate to the vehicle location
- Tap the Directions button
- Under the street view map, tap View Routing Apps
- Tap Route to launch one of your mobile apps from the list (such as Google Maps)
- Click Start to navigate to the location (or close the app to return to Trimble Ag Mobile)
- History – view location history by date and time
- If no data, tap the pencil icon to view Location History
- Tap to edit options for Date, Start Time and Duration (between 1 to 8 hours), then click Done
- Tap the < back-arrow to return to the previous screen
While your local Trimble Authorized Reseller can provide you with robust, fully supported solutions for wireless data transfer powered by higher-end modems such as the DCM-300® or GX450® , there are lower-end solutions for those of us willing to put in a little extra effort. Keep in mind that this is not an officially supported configuration, but with a little work, you can connect a few very specific off-the-shelf components to allow your Trimble FmX® display to leverage a simple wireless hotspot from your smartphone.
- USB to Ethernet – The success of this configuration is made possible by one a very specific USB-to-ethernet adapter: the TRENDnet USB 2.0 to 10/100 Ethernet Adapter with the TU2-ET100 Chipset (buy on Amazon). This will Connect to the USB port on your FmX, and you can connect the ethernet side to almost any other source of connectivity.
- Ethernet to WiFi – While we have generally used the IOGEAR Universal Ethernet to Wi-Fi N Adapter (buy on Amazon) due to it’s very low price point, theoretically any ethernet-to-network adapter should work, as long as it appears to be source of access to the ethernet cable.
- WiFi Hotspot – Lastly, turning on the WiFi hotspot feature on your smartphone (many carriers will charge extra for this functionality) will provide the final connection to the internet, so you can send and receive files. For less than $40 USD in parts, there is little to lose if you want to give it a try.
Getting set up:
- Purchase the components listed above
- Purchase a Trimble Ag Software Plan that includes Vehicle Connections (each display will take a vehicle connection and additional Vehicle Connections can be purchased beyond the included plan)
- Log in to your online account and add your FmX serial number under Farm > Equipment > Devices (learn more)
- Set up a vehicle and assign the Device, and a Vehicle Connection to the Vehicle under Farm > Equipment > Vehicles
- Connect the TrendNet USB to Ethernet adapter to the back of your FmX
- Connect the Ethernet to your IOGEAR Ethernet to Wi-Fi N Adapter
- Note: you will have to follow the instructions provided with your adapter to connect it to your preferred WiFi hotspot ahead of time (this step is usually done using a computer or WPS)
- From your FmX display, turn on wireless data transfer by adding the Office Sync module in the Settings (the password to access the settings is 2009)
That’s it! Now you have wireless data transfer whenever you’re in range of Wi-Fi coverage.
Need help? While this is not an officially supported hardware configuration, please contact our customer support team if you have any questions or issues with configuring Trimble Ag Software or your FmX. Every annual Trimble Ag Software Plan comes with access to our support network to help farmers.