Farming software just got a whole lot easier with Trimble Ag Software. And we make getting started easy with helpful tips to guide you each step of the way. Learn how to sign in and activate your new account, find and manage updates, as well as how to reset your password.
Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best. Use our secure single sign-on technology to log in to all of your Trimble services with one ID. Just sign in with your email address and password from the online or desktop platform, or the mobile app.
Need to update your email address associated with your Trimble ID? Click here to email customer support and we’ll help you out.
Don’t have a Trimble ID yet? Click here for help on setting one up.
It’s easy to set up a new Trimble ID, for easy, secure access to all of your Trimble accounts and services, including Trimble Ag Software.
- Visit our website at https://agriculture.trimble.com/software/
- Click LOG IN (top right)
- Click the Create new Trimble ID link (bottom)
- Enter your contact information (first name, last name, email address) then create a password and enter the CAPTCHA code shown on the screen
- Click Create New Account
- Go to your inbox and open the confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org (check your junk mail folder)
- Click the Activate account button in the email message, which will take you back to our website
- Click the link to login to your new account
That’s it! If you run into any problems, reach out to our customer support team for help.
Forgot your password? We’ve got you covered, day or night.
- Visit the login page for your online account or go to https://agriculture.trimble.com/software/
- Click the LOG IN button (top right)
- Click on the Forgot password? link (bottom)
- Enter your email address
- Click Reset password
- Check your inbox (or junk folder) for an automated message with a link to reset your password (expires within 72 hours)
- Click on the link provided in the email
- Enter your new password
- Use this new password to access all of your Trimble accounts, from any platform including desktop, online or mobile app (learn more)
Need to update the email address used in your Trimble ID? Click here for more info.
If you already have an online account, you can download the Trimble Ag Mobile app for iOS or Android for use on your phone or tablet. (Don’t have an online account? Click here to browse our plans or contact our sales team to find the best match for you.)
Get the app here:
- From your phone or tablet, search the app store for the Trimble Ag mobile app
- Click the download icon
- Close the app store screen
- Find and tap the Trimble Ag Mobile icon to launch the app
- Enter your Trimble user ID (email address) and password (learn more)
- Click Allow to permit Trimble Ag Software to access your location (you can change this later in your mobile device settings)
- Adjust your mobile device settings as desired to allow the app to access your location, use cellular or wireless data, install updates automatically or access your device camera. (Using Android? Click here for one more step.)
Watch the short video below for download success.
Access your Trimble Ag Software online account from your web browser on any computer, laptop or tablet. Trimble Ag Online is fully compatible with the latest Google Chrome browser.
- Visit our secure website at https://agriculture.trimble.com/software/ and add this link to your browser’s favourites or bookmarks
- Click the LOG IN button on the top right corner of the page (visible from horizontal view on your tablet)
- Enter your Trimble user ID (email address) and password
- You’re good to go!
Learn more about signing up for the Trimble Ag Mobile app for iOS or Android here.
Running or installing a new version of the Trimble Ag Mobile app? Android requires that app users also give permission for the app to access Storage on your phone. Users will get a notification when they first run the new version. Settings can also be accessed from the alert that pops up when you first run the app. The app will not run without this permission (selecting Not Now will shut down app). Users can also go to Settings and turn on permission for storage.
Once you’ve signed up for our desktop software, get started here for a smooth and easy install.
Watch the short video below with tips on how to access your free Farmer Starter online account and mobile app included with Trimble Ag Software’s desktop license for Farmer Basic. Learn how to activate your license and download the annual software maintenance plan. As well, you’ll learn how to complete the full installation on your desktop and how to automatically email diagnostic information to support from your online account.
If you’ve already activated your desktop license online and downloaded the complete desktop installer for Windows from our website, you can sign in to your account from your computer, with or without an internet connection.
- From your computer’s Start menu, select the program Trimble Ag Software, or click on the icon on your desktop
- The Ag Business Solutions Desktop screen appears, followed by a Project Selection window
- Click New Project
- Enter a Project Name with optional password and click OK
- Select a Project Name from the list and click OK
- Select the preferred Measurement Systems and click OK
- You can now begin working on your project
Not a Windows user? Our software cannot be installed on iOS but it does work with Windows installed on Mac computers. Find a Windows emulator that works for you, such as Parallels, or visit our website to learn more about our online plans that can be accessed from any computer, simply using your web browser.
When you use your online account for the first time, you’ll be prompted to fill in some basic information for your account organization, as shown below. Name your organization to match your business (for example, Smith Farms or 3R Farms). Your Organization Name is also known as your Purchasing Organization when managing licenses in your account. It’s also helpful to know your Organization Name if you choose to add upgrades to your account (such as extra Vehicle Connections) later through the online Marketplace or through your reseller.
Next, click here to see steps on updating your profile.
Each time that you login or use your account, you’ll start by selecting your preferred crop year, which will default to the latest crop year saved. The crop year ties your activities and records together under a single point of reference so that you can organize and view information year over year.
When you first use your account, you’ll be prompted to set up your crop year and primary crop, as shown below (you can change it later, if needed). This initial setup for crop year needs to completed online so that the system can organize your records, and prior to using the mobile app for the first time.
The online account has more options that you can review during initial setup, or change as needed, such as adding additional crop years, adding seed varieties to your purchased materials used during planting, and more. Follow these steps or scroll down to watch our video:
- Log in to your account online (learn more)
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the crop year (top left)
- Click Manage Crop Years
- On the Commodities menu displayed in the main window, click the Crop Seasons tab
- Click the +Add Crop Season button
- On the Create Crop Season pop-up window, select options in each dropdown list or enter changes as needed (required fields are displayed with an asterisk*)
- Harvest Year (required) – also known as crop year; select from the dropdown list
- Crop (required) – select from the list of crops already entered your account, or click the +Add Crops link to select from the master list of crops available in your region
- Subcrop (optional) – enter a name (for example, if your crop is corn, your subcrop could be entered as popcorn)
- Activities Start Date and Activities End Date (required) – click the calendar icons to adjust dates (for example, depending on the crop, climate zone and type of activities planned for your operation including soil testing and prep, you can set your own start and end date outside of standard seasonal cycles; as well, if you’re connecting data to your account from vehicle equipment displays that don’t have a crop season defined, these start and end dates are used to match your data to the correct crop season for the field)
- Default Yield Potential (optional) – enter an estimated average crop yield that can serve as a benchmark when comparing crop plans on your account
- Click Save (or Cancel)
For help with deleting a crop year from your account, contact customer support.
Learn more about crops under Tracking Commodities, or watch our video on how to set up your crop year (starts at 3:48):
When you need help with using Trimble Ag Software, live support is just a click away. Use our online and mobile in-app help options to send an email message to our global support team in your region, which automatically includes system diagnostics for your account.
Two Options for In-App Help
- Click the help icon when you’re logged into Trimble Ag Online to email support with the option to upload files
- From the Trimble Ag Mobile app, tap the Settings tile and scroll down to click Email Diagnostic Info to send a message that includes your account details. Use the mobile app option to automatically Upload Detailed Logs, if requested by our support team.
Visit our website’s support page for more resources and ways to connect with us.
Software updates are applied automatically to online accounts. No installation or manual updates are necessary. For optimal performance, ensure your browser is up to date. Visit our news and updates page to learn more about the latest fixes and features available, and get email updates by signing up for our Precision Ag Insider newsletter.
Updates for the Trimble Ag Mobile app are not automatically installed, unless you select this option on your mobile device. As with any app installed on your mobile device, you can decide when to install updates, so that you can control download speed and data usage costs.
- Check your iOS or Android mobile device for Settings associated with an app store or purchases
- Turn the option on or off to automatically download updates
- Turn the option on or off to use cellular data during downloads
- For more help with your specific mobile device’s settings, visit the manufacturer’s website.
To see what’s new on the Trimble Ag Mobile app, visit our news and updates page to learn more about the latest fixes and features available and get email updates by signing up for our Precision Ag Insider newsletter, or visit the app store for your mobile device:
Updates for Trimble Ag Software’s desktop platform provide you with the latest hardware drivers and features. Updates are compatible with Windows and are included with the purchase of an annual software maintenance plan (learn more) that also gives you access to our technical support group. You can control when to install updates directly on your computer, to manage your internet data costs and to choose the time that’s right for you.
- Ensure that your computer is connected to the internet
- Log in to your desktop account (learn more)
- From the Help menu, select Check for Updates
- From the list of available updates, select the items that you want to download and click OK
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation process
If you prefer, you can also download the latest service pack directly from our website’s support page and run the program from your Downloads folder.
Visit our news and updates page to learn more about the latest fixes and features available, and get email updates by signing up for our Precision Ag Insider newsletter.