Frequently Asked Questions
Why would I want to use FarmStream Fleet?
FarmStream Fleet provides more detailed vehicle utilization and sensor data using the FmX® or TMX-2050™ display and a wireless connection. There is no need for a DCM-300 modem when using the FarmStream Fleet solution, but the DCM-300 can be used as a wireless connection..
Farming operations with several or more vehicles and hired operators may struggle to keep tabs on equipment and operator productivity—the Fleet solution targets operations where managers are responsible for a staff of operators but cannot sit with each employee to monitor their performance and compliance.
What are the differences between the FarmStream Fleet solution and the traditional Fleet solution?
- The FarmStream solution provides vehicle utilization data using the FmX or TMX-2050 display (using the FmX Plus app or PIQ app, with limited functionality). Utilization settings are configured in the FmX or TMX-2050 display instead of the Trimble Ag Software solution interface.
- There is no need for a DCM-300 modem when using the FarmStream Fleet solution.
- The FarmStream Fleet solution does not provide all of the alerts and vehicle sensor data found in the traditional Fleet solution. For a detailed comparison, refer to the Feature Comparison Matrix.
How can I tell if a vehicle is set up to use the FarmStream or traditional Fleet solution?
In the Fleet site select a vehicle and go to its individual vehicle page. This page will show whether FarmStream has been enabled. It will say “FarmStream on” or “FarmStream off”. “FarmStream on” means it is using the FarmStream Fleet features, and “FarmStream off” means it is using the traditional Fleet features.
Is the traditional Fleet solution changing?
With the release of the FarmStream Fleet solution, you will no longer be able to use the productivity features of the traditional Fleet solution with both the DCM-300 modem and the FmX or TMX display.
The productivity features of the traditional Fleet solution will now be based on the DCM-300 modem and will not include information from the FmX or TMX display, for example, Delay Reasons.
What equipment do I need to be able to use the FarmStream Fleet solution?
- FmX integrated display or TMX-2050.
- A Cable to connect the display to the vehicle.
Part Number Description 86995-01 Cable Assy, FarmStream, CAN diagnostic port to FmX integrated display / TM-200 Module 90147-01 Cable Assy, Autopilot™ system and FarmStream, Vehicle CAN interface, John Deere R & RT series 87754-01 Cable Assy, FarmStream, Vehicle CAN interface, Rogator 2005 Models 8841 & 984
- A WAN gateway device (Wi-Fi, Cellular, etc.) for communications, such as the DCM-300 or GX450 modem.
For more details and recommended hardware, refer to the FarmStream Fleet setup guide.
Can I associate a vehicle with both a DCM-300 modem and an FmX or TMX display?
If you have not turned on the FarmStream Fleet solution for an FmX or TMX display, you can assign a vehicle to both the DCM-300 modem and the FmX or TMX display.
If you select an FmX or TMX display, this indicates which vehicle you want your File Transfer (Office Sync) files to be associated with for that particular display.
What do I need to do on the FmX or TMX display to set up the FarmStream Fleet solution?
To run the FarmStream Fleet solution on the FmX or TMX display, you need the free FarmStream plugin.
Firmware version 10.01 or higher is required for the FmX and version 4.3.1 or higher is required for the TMX.
For more information, refer to the FarmStream Fleet Setup Guide.
For more information
Refer to the following documentation: