GreenSeeker Crop Sensing System
The Trimble® GreenSeeker® crop sensing system helps you effectively and precisely manage crop inputs on-the-go. With GreenSeeker, you can address field variability by applying the right amount of fertilizer, in the right place, at the right time.
- Create a high-yielding environment for your crop to grow
- Reduce nutrient input costs by eliminating excess application
- Eliminate the need for application maps or agronomist recommendations
- Operate night or day, and in fog or clouds
The GreenSeeker system uses optical sensors to measure and quantify the variability of the crop. It then creates a targeted prescription to treat the crop variability. Use GreenSeeker to apply your UAN, UREA, and NH3 to help increase crop yields and ultimately increase your profitability.
- Provides instant sidedress fertilizer application for inputs such as nitrogen
- Uses optical sensors to measure and quantify crop health—or vigor
- Compatible with both the TMX-2050™ display and FmX® integrated display
- Works with most variable rate controllers and delivery systems
- Can be mounted on booms on most sprayers/spreaders
GreenSeeker handheld crop sensor
The Trimble GreenSeeker handheld crop sensor is an affordable, easy-to-use measurement device that can be used to assess the heath—or vigor—of a crop in order to make better nutrient management decisions on your farm.
Use the GreenSeeker handheld to instantly take a reading of your crop’s health. Readings can be used to make non-subjective decisions regarding the amount of fertilizer to be applied to your crop, resulting in more efficient use of fertilizer—a benefit to your bottom line and the environment.
How it works
- The sensor emits brief bursts of red and infrared light, and then measures the amount of each type of light that is reflected back from the plant
- The sensor continues to sample the scanned area as long as the trigger remains engaged
- The sensor displays the measured value in terms of an NDVI reading (ranging from 0.00 to 0.99) on its LCD display screen
- The strength of the detected light is a direct indicator of the health of the crop; the higher the reading, the healthier the plant
Use the Trimble Ag Software scout app on a smartphone or tablet to calculate fertilizer application rates from crop readings taken with the GreenSeeker handheld.
- High-quality optical sensor to instantly measure plant vigor
- Easy-to read display, even in sunlight
- Simple pull-type trigger and comfortable hand grip
- Micro USB charging port