Soil Information System™ (SIS) solution is an industry leading soil map solution that uses advanced sensors and software than enables adaptive, intelligent targeting of all observations. Geo-processing algorithms are used to produce high resolution, spatially accurate soil and topographic information products.
By providing a greater understanding of the physical and chemical characterization of the soil, including how inputs move through the soil, SIS enables farmers’ trusted advisors to implement more effective solutions to resolve the unique challenges of each area of their fields.
The SIS information products can be used to make critical farm management decisions with irrigation, drainage, fertility, and more.
Check out our SIS video here!
SIS allows farmers to:
- Assess detailed soil properties for each field such as soil texture, compaction, root zone depth, moisture retention and availability, and soil fertility.
- View soil analysis for the top 48 inches (122 cm) of the field’s surface in 3D.
- Download soil maps into your farm management software application, including Trimble Ag Software or other third-party software systems.
- Create variable rate application maps from the soil map to help maximize plant growth.
Various Types of SIS Maps
SIS offers precise 3D soil models for dozens of soil physical and chemical characteristics including:
- Root Zone Plant Available Water (PAW)
- Soil texture (clay, sand, coarse fragment content)
- Drainage and hydraulic conductivity
- Compaction characteristics
- Macro and micro-nutrient levels
- Salt and toxicity concentrations
- Much more!
Key Applications of SIS Maps
From helping farmers evaluate land purchases to optimizing water use, SIS maps have five key applications for today’s farmers.
Want to check out our ROI Calculator that reveals the true value of SIS? Click here.
Find out more today!